Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A valuable possession.

I think one of the hardest things I have come to face in life is venerability. I have let so many people in so many times that it's become the very thing I fear the most. As I get older I add things to my list that I choose to hold in. I have never really held things in until now. I don't really understand. I guess it has become my way of guarding my heart from the very people that want to rip it apart. I guess there is really no purpose in this tonight besides the fact that I feel extremely venerable these days. I feel like I wear my heart on my sleeve for the whole world to pick at and one day, sooner or later there will be nothing left. I am very fearful of this day.

Here is a verse that I have definitely been throwing around in my mind lately.‎"Above all else, guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life. Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil." - Proverbs 4:23-27

I thought I always understood how vital it was to keep the innocence and purity of my heart but for those of you have not figured it out...it's pretty dang hard in this world. For me, I find it funny how the harder you try to keep your eyes fixed directly in front of you the more things that get thrown at you to make you fall. Sometimes I question my strength...I allow the world to tell me I am weak. I allow Satan and his lies to creep into my thoughts and pull me off the path that I have purposely attempted to walk. This is a constant battle for me.

I know I have no choice but to keep fighting this very common battle. I can't give up and I can't stop guarding my heart. The condition of my heart is how I will interpret everything in my life and if it's the one thing I begin to compromise I know I will only be setting my self up for defeat. I am so grateful for God's unending grace. Oh how lost we would be without it.

That's all for tonight. I just needed to ramble. A lot of different things racing though my mind these days. Im growing up fast and sometimes it scares me. Goodnight Ya'll. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment